Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 What Crochet Project Are you Doing Now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  03:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice to see this thread has been re-activated.

Since I posted before I've finished several things and have picked up a ripple afghan in three colors I started last fall for my granddaughter then put aside for personal reasons and have done several rows on it - don't think g/d will end up with it, in fact I don't know yet who the recipient will be, maybe me! am also working on some doggie projects for the local Humane Society and plans for an apron design in sport weight cotton are dancing around in my brain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ...
.....it's learning how to dance in the rain!
Come visit me at http://yarnbasket.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  04:07:52 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last night I worked on a small rug I had started a while back, made of strips of sc in bright colors. Easy and relaxing. Hoping to get back to my afghan this weekend.
Happy crocheting, Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  1:07:01 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zknit, it's too bad about the pattern for your table topper. Maybe, just maybe, you could web search if it was in a magazine, they might have an idea of how to reconnect you to your pattern.

Hiya Chayah *waves happily* Thanks and good luck is wished for you, too. Rugs are great projects. I need to make a couple very thick cotton ones before too long for a very small bathroom over the carpet that's there- it need to be custom sized, and I can pin it down, too.

I will keep the progress reports coming on the tablecloth. I hope to do ten mins a day, as per fran's 10 minutes a day challenge. Happily, when the cloth was stored away, the McCall's Crochet mag was tucked in the bag with it.

Good luck everyone!

My Blog @ Zippiknits
Knitting@ Flicker
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  4:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Lella. From now on I will remember to keep instructions with UFOs everytime I put them down. If I remember correctly the title of the magazine is Magic Crochet. I would definitely web search this, now that you reminded me. The design motif is that of a grape vine with bunches of grapes and leaves.

Happy Crocheting everyone!

Zknit
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  4:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lella,

I enjoyed visiting your blog and had fun playing with the koi (kois?).

Zknit
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  06:13:41 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Lella,

I just saw your note. Let us know how your rug progresses. I want to see your tablecloth. Did you post photos yet? Warmly, C.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  10:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished 4 more winter hats since my last post on this topic. I plan on crocheting more hats and scarves or shawls to give away this coming Holiday season. I'm looking forward to concentrating mainly on crocheting when gardening season is over, not that I didn't enjoy all my gardening activities (but this is another topic).

Happy crocheting and/or knitting to all,
zknit
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  05:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just finished some cotton "shopping bags". Need to do more, but also need to get some promised charity work done.

Have you seen these cute little bags? http://www.flickr.com/photos/27504699@N06/3843255545/
Takes about an hour and 1.5 oz cotton yarn to make one.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ...
.....it's learning how to dance in the rain!
Come visit me at http://yarnbasket.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  12:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've finished two hats and I'm now making shawls with fitted yoke. I've played around and crocheted squares with reversible design using 2 colors of yarn. The design turns out pretty but I don't have the patience to connect them together and make an afghan. I lose my motivation when I have to break off yarn so often. So now that one is among the stash of my wip or better yet UFO's.

I'm halfway into finishing a cape with fitted lace yoke. I've finished up to the shoulders and I want it to fit snugly down my arms. I want the hem length (center back and center front) to come down just above my waist line. The hem will be edged with the same lace pattern.

Happy Crocheting,

Zknit
Go to Top of Page

markie42
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  10:03:00 AM  Show Profile Send markie42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zknit, you've inspired me to get back to some long-ago started projects. Glad I'm not the only one who wants to get other projects started before finishing the first...how organized does one really want to be!
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  2:13:40 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, friends,

It's so nice to have a crochet discussion here with all of you. I am still working on my rug, because I have been too tired to do anything that requires much thinking, and this doesn't. It also doesn't matter what size it turns out to be, it will go somewhere! My afghan is still languishing, I hope to get back to it soon, Best wishes to all, Chayah

Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  2:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone!

I'm glad to hear from all of you and to know that all of us are pretty much wrap up in our crocheting projects. Yeah!! I've finished that shawl that I just mentioned above. I'm ready to make another just like it to give away to friends. I'm planning to crochet another, using dark purple as the main color and use black for the lace (I just love dark purple and black combination!)

markie42,

You reminded me also that I have a very colorful hexagonal afghan that I have started but put away due to absence of interest after working on it for a-while. I may look to see if I still got it and hope I can finish it this time, after one more shawl. Maybe working alternately with projects that can be finished quickly and ones that has to be worked on for a long time should keep the interest going.

Happy Crocheting to All,

Zknit
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  4:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just have to revive this topic since it's so close to Christmas and I'm sure many of us are rushing around to do more rows of stitches. I can feel my adrenalin surging when I think how close it is before Santa comes. I have set aside all other projects in order to make hats. I feel I have enough time to make hats for everybody in my family. So now I'm really putting pressure on myself to do it. Please see my finished hat on my blog. As soon as I complete one, I will post it there.

Happy Crocheting,

zknit

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  01:08:49 AM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just purchased a little booklet from Annie's Attic called "Learn Slip Stitch Crochet". Has a few projects that I'd like to try: an oval rug in Peaches and Cream, and a rib stitch hat in Bernat Satin Sport (adult woman size).

I do know how to slip stitch, so hopefully I can 'get it' and use up some yarn on some fun projects with a little different look.

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=22893
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  02:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's an interesting stitch. The way I understand it is that this stitch is much denser than a single crochet. Good luck on your projects. I'd love to see what you've made.

Happy Crocheting,

zknit

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  12:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My project #1 for 2010 is a spring bolero inspired by dogwood blossoms. For now it is a WIP. I'm posting a photo of this project in my blog:
http://crochetcheers.blogspot.com/

Happy New Year to all!
Go to Top of Page

psorum
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  02:45:01 AM  Show Profile Send psorum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just started a new afhgan.
Go to Top of Page

fiddlerbird555
Permanent Resident

USA
1429 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  5:43:21 PM  Show Profile Send fiddlerbird555 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I understand that "slip stitch crochet" is often done with a very large hook, and less dense than regular single crochet (if you want to to seem more like knitting). This is as opposed to just doing a slip stitch on something, which is extremely dense & inflexible.

I can go loopy, or I can knit. Your choice.
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  6:04:12 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
zknit, your dogwood bolero-in-progress is quite lovely. How is it going? Right now I am crocheting hats, as I joined a group to make 52 hats this year! I have been making crocheted toques, they go fast and are fun to make. Happy crocheting, Chayah

Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  1:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Chayah, thank you for asking about the Spring Bolero. I finished the back and connected the front and back bodice. I did not like the shoulder seams and I have to make adjustment to the back bodice. So instead of frogging the whole thing, I decided to keep this as a derivative for my future Vests and or bolero projects. So I feel like my effort is not wasted because I have learned a lot in making this design. The next one that I actually completed is an improved version with no seams at the shoulders. I got it posted on my next post titled "Winter Bolero".
You reminded me that I need to make time to start crocheting hats for the homeless which is one of my goal this year.

Happy Crocheting and Knitting!

Zknit

http://crochetcheers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth