Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet technique questions
 Finishing a shawl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DC Grams
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:50:06 PM  Show Profile Send DC Grams a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
I have just finished knitting the snowdrift wrap at Elann.com. I have to crochet the edges and am having a problem understanding what I need to do with the stitches. It states that in Rnd. 1 in the first stitch of bind off I should insert my crochet needle and pull up a loop,(this I can do), ch3 (counts as dc),*dc in each stitch across bind off edge, ch 5, (dc in next 3 rows, sk 1 row)along length of wrap, ch 5, rep from*, sl st in top ch of ch3.
Rnd. 2 Ch 4 (counts as dc + ch 1), * sk next dc, (dc in next dc, ch 1), rep from * around working corners as dc, ch 1, dc, ch1, dc, ch3 dc, ch1, dc. end with sl st in 34d ch of starting ch 4.
HUH? What does all of this mean?
I am way out of my category for crocheting this. As I understand it In rnd 1 I should chain 3 stitches on the initial loop. Then do a dc in the next stitch. Question is do I make a chain of 3 before each dc or is this just the first time.
Next question is more or less a repeat of the first do I chain 5 stitches but here I become completely lost. What does it mean dc in next 3 rows? sk 1 row? HELP!!!

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  4:47:17 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear DCGrams,

I just found your note this afternoon. I looked at the pattern - that shawl is gorgeous, congratulations. The directions for row 1 of the crocheted edging are almost incomprehensible. Row 2 is fine. If you haven't solved it or found help, write me, I think we can adjust row 1 and I can help you with row 2. Anyway, let me know how you are doing. Thanks for re-connecting me with Elann and their free patterns. Warmly, Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe