Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Celebs, Articles, Jokes, etc.
 After yarn bombing, yarn giving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  7:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something that will warm your heart!

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/yarn-giver-not-yarn-bomber-strikes-ann-arbor-slideshow

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

300 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  8:08:29 PM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love this. Thanks, Minh.

Nanci
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  10:35:13 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, totally inspires me to be a copycat. Thanks, Minh.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
550 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  11:22:12 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally want to knit hats and scarves and leave them with notes. Maybe after the holidays. January and February are such dreary months. Maybe that will liven them up for me.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2051 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  11:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking of using all of my left over yarn to make scarves and send them to my son to give as gifts to people he meets on his way to and from work. As dothead said, January and February are not only dreary but cold and a good time to spread warmth.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  06:11:01 AM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing the link Minh!

Bike, Bike, Bike!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  3:35:47 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this!

flicka
Go to Top of Page

Munchkn
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  1:05:14 PM  Show Profile Send Munchkn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was recently an article in Yankee magazine about a yarn bombing in Vermont. This prompted a letter to the editor suggesting that knitters instead knit items for the Seaman's Church instead.

A few years back, my aunt, who's been knitting her whole life, saw a piece on the local news in Cincinnati that some poverty-stricken mothers were using socks for gloves. Then she noticed that her hands were not busy right then. She decided that she'd start knitting gloves and mittens for the Free Store. If her hands are up to it, she probably still does.
Go to Top of Page

larsan
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  2:34:36 PM  Show Profile Send larsan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is so much better than the bombing which no one gets any real benefit from. I love this!
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  5:00:37 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A definite warm fuzzy that makes me feel good! Thanks, minh!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  8:28:11 PM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great idea! I'd like to do this as well.
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  1:41:19 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the yarn-bombing book at most bookstores, minh?

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  7:05:45 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm making a lot of hats for my hearing dog's school (they don't know it yet) in the school colors of blue and yellow. I have permission (written) to knit in the logo but have not yet charted it out. An artist I'm not.

I like the notion of warm hats -- we make a lot of hats and scarves that go to hospitals. Also blankets and baby things. I'm sure they are all used. One day I took a pile of hats to the chemo therapy division of my health care (chemo treatment = hair loss usually) and the hats were happily received.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe