Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitter's Swap
 Needle and Tool Swap
 Knit Picks Metal Options Set for Denise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  12:25:58 PM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a barely used original set of the Knit Picks metal tipped interchangeable needles. They came in a binder with plastic zip lock sleeves for each needle. All of the needles and most of the accessories are there. I never use them and would like to trade for a complete set of Denise Interchangeable needles if anyone is interested. Please PM me if you'd like to trade. Many thanks.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1288 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  2:38:55 PM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Knit Picks are more (MUCH more) expensive than the Denises, no? Why not put them up on eBay, or locally on Craigslist - bet you'll make enough to buy the Ds with plenty left over! (I have 2 sets of Denises, but I don't want to part with either of them.)

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  5:18:00 PM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I was actually thinking about that. Just thought if there was someone out there who was unhappy with their Denise's it seemed like a fair trade. I never use the things, and honestly am not sure why I bought them in the first place.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

395 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  11:58:32 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you still interested in a swap, has someone taken you up on your offer, or are you selling them on eBay or Craigslist? I PM'd you yesterday because I'd be interested in a trade. My Denise set has been used only once, I have the case and all the pieces, and have found I don't really like them. Please let me know. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  2:37:27 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a thought: If you have any problems with the KnitPicks and need a replacement, they will check their records for proof that you really bought them before sending you the replacement. Perhaps you should provide your name and the approximate date of purchase so that the new owner could say they were a gift.

I bought a basic set, and DD1 bought me more. When I called with a problem, they told me there was no record I'd purchased that particular piece. They finally found it under my daughter's married name, and sent me the replacement.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  4:44:07 PM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good idea, Jan. I can give Catlover my name, but I can't find the receipt, so have so idea when I bought them. They are stored in the cloth binder, not the plastic zip bag, and I think I bought them right after they first came out. Hopefully this would be enough info for them to find the purchase record if something needs to be replaced.

Linda

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  10:52:39 AM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops, sorry, Catlover. I PM'd you yesterday. It's been one of those weeks. I took pics of the needle set if you would like me to email them to you

Linda

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

395 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  11:46:19 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Linda. I emailed you this morning. I bought the Denise set several years ago and have used them only once. They are in like-new condition and are the ones with the blue case and cords. I could send you a picture, too. Just let me know. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe