Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Women's Sweaters/Clothing
 Country Club Cardigan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

393 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  1:20:01 PM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many years ago I made a sweater called the "Country Club Cardigan." I loved that sweater and wore it for years. It's been gone a long time now and I would like to make another. After searching my old patterns several times, I realize that I must have lost it. Does anyone know where I could get another copy? It was made in three difference colors of worsted weight yarn and had an overall bubble pattern created by dropping stitches and then picking up on the fifth row. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1731 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  7:59:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just looked on Ravelry and it's not there. That's not to say it wouldn't be if you went over there and asked.....

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

393 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  09:41:20 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I checked on Ravelry before I posted here. It's such an old pattern that probably anyone who used it has discarded or lost it after all these years. Perhaps I'll be able to at least sort of recreate it and that's what I'll probably end up doing. Still, it seemed worth a try to ask.
Go to Top of Page

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  07:19:57 AM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes you can find old/out of print patterns on Etsy or eBay. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was able to buy some old sewing patterns, which I lost, but wanted to make again. I saw people also sell their old knitting and crochet patterns.

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1731 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  07:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Catlover, I'd ask over at Ravelry just the same. We are a much smaller group here at KR (which I prefer, btw). The bigger numbers over there could be very helpful.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

393 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  09:53:30 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked at Ravelry at the same time as I searched the patterns. No one was familiar with it and I suspect it is just too old. It was provided by a yarn company that has gone out of existence and I can't remember which one it was either. So annoying! I'm sure it wasn't Columbia-Minerva or Bear Brand but I can't think which other one it was. I've also tried using Google but that didn't work out either.
Go to Top of Page

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  3:48:44 PM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How old is the pattern. Is it from the 60's, 70's, etc.?

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

393 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2012 :  2:30:44 PM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's from 1960 or perhaps a little earlier.
Go to Top of Page

LindaRae
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  08:49:03 AM  Show Profile Send LindaRae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe try www.patternfish.com

They have lots of older patterns, it might be there...

LindaP
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

393 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  09:42:19 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of it but have now tried it. No luck. I plan to keep it in mind for future use though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe