Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Strange Weather-what are you knitting?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  4:49:14 PM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today the temperature was in the 80's in Central New England. I heard in Las Vegas it's been in the 50's. With all the crazy weather around the nation, I was wondering if what is on your needles fits the weather as it is suppose to be or as it really is? I'm currently working on projects for a "typical" March in New England, cowls, vests, mittens, etc.

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  5:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With this unusual weather I've had a hard time deciding just what to knit. As a result I've been doing an inventory of my yarn and using up orphan skeins. So far 4 keyhole scarfs and many, many yarn inventory cards made with a sample of the yarn wrapped around one end of the card. I had previously made Knit Picks Montevilla Market Bag, from a kit. I really like the weave pattern for the bottom of the bag so I'm making a coin purse using that pattern. The pattern is now available for free, thank heavens, since I couldn't find my original pattern! Still lots of yarn to put on inventory cards. Might be a permanent WIP. 72* in NW PA today and supposed to hit 80* tomorrow!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  03:22:52 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have had a weird winter in Chicago its March and in the 80*. I started a Afghan lucky for me it in panels. Donna
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  03:48:25 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This Boston weather is driving me crazy as well! I've just finished a lovely alpaca shawl that I envisioned wearing through March anyway and today I'm not wearing a coat at all! My project list now seems to be centered on small objects that won't make me sweat too much!

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  04:32:13 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have put the knitting aside for a couple of days because I have some sewing I must do. Nearly finished the sewing then it will be back to the knitting.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  5:16:27 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today it was 82 in Southern Maine!!!! I have been working on a DK weight sweater for myself, but with Easter nearing and the weather such as it is I just cast on a cute little sunhat with Green Mountain Cotton Comfort for my granddaughter.
judy
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
910 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  2:45:46 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, knitters! Having some up & down weather here in Colorado Springs, but that's normal for Colorado. Right now, I'm working on a Fun Fur scarf.

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

slaurance
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  09:36:00 AM  Show Profile Send slaurance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a beautiful day in eastern Oregon, sunny and a warm 52 degrees. Time to put down the knitting and get some yard work done. Well, for a while anyway. I have been making dish cloths, bunches of them. They are easy, fast and fun. It's become and obsession.......
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  10:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know how you all feel!

We've had very ODD weather this Spring! I'm usually able to wear my handknit and hand-crocheted sweaters into May, but no dice right now. I just finished a wonderful Misti Alpaca sweater a little while ago that I can't wear now until next fall. I'm finishing up the Bernat Mystery Afghan--for what, I don't know, seeing as I won't need to use THAT until next fall, either. As it is, I'm probably going to give that one away. That was the original intent, but I'm caving, seeing as it's turned out so well...LOL!

Actually, what I work on isn't usually dictated by the weather, thanks to air-conditioning. If anything, I still work on sweaters and afghans through the summer, to be ready for next fall and Christmas presents. If I'm out somewhere without A/C, socks are always a good alternative for a take-along project.

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

Knitlin
Warming Up

95 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  12:56:08 PM  Show Profile Send Knitlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been weird here too. It was in the 80's in March, and now in April, we've had 40's and 50's.

So I'm working on a chunky yarn sweater. It's nice to work on something that's warm feeling.

knitlin
Go to Top of Page

pqpatch
Seriously Hooked

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  4:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pqpatch's Homepage Send pqpatch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Working on an afghan for a Christmas gift for my daughter. Thought I would get an early start.

Patty

http://www.etsy.com/shop/twistedsticks?ref=si_shop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.