Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 My Intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grandma tigger
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  8:46:08 PM  Show Profile Send grandma tigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been knitting since I was 10 years old (now 53). My mom tried to teach me but I broke a pair of her plastic needles (my stitches were so tight) so she signed me up for 4-h and a very nice older lady taught me the basics. Mom has since showed me how to sew and quilt. Grandma taught me to crochet. I have several patterns for knit, crochet, and sewing/quilting. I find knitting very relaxing and enjoy making afghans, animals, and Barbie clothes. Hope I can learn alot from all of your expiriences.

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  07:41:58 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, grandma tigger! I luv your name! Welcome to the KF! We can learn a lot from you as well! Knitting is very relaxing for me, too!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
88 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  10:23:56 AM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Grandma Tigger! There is a lot to learn at KR, but the best part is sharing life's knitting experiences. Hope you like it here.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  1:26:19 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, from Maine! Lots of passionnate knitters with a variety of experiences!
judy
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  9:19:37 PM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from Texas. I think you'll find this group both fun and useful.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  05:46:22 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi to another Grand-mother. Welcome to the forum from Australia. I love this forum and hope you will too.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

HRH the Knitting Queen
Chatty Knitter

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  2:40:33 PM  Show Profile Send HRH the Knitting Queen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from another Texan!

www.merrykarma.blogspot.com -~- I'm MerryKarma on Ravelry.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  07:12:55 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there, from Northern California. How wonderful to have had lessons from the women in your family on all these various needlcrafts, from a young age. I'm self-taught, in my forties, and would have liked to have that connection to the craft. Enjoy KR!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

grandma tigger
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  12:54:53 PM  Show Profile Send grandma tigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you to all for the warm welcome !
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  1:03:14 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're quite welcome, grandma tigger! We're glad you've joined us!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  03:21:23 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grandma Tigger, Big hug from Chicago! I'm sure you will learn a lot here. Every time I log on I learn something new. This place has made me look like I know what I'm doing when I'm with the group I knit with. Almost all the things they talk about Ive heard it here. Donna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe