Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 A Knitalong?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  07:58:56 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, knitters!I've never been part of a Knitalong. What is it?

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  7:57:08 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Crafty!

A knitalong is where several knitters all work on the same project at once, and, as I understand it, share feedback and progress. This version of the knitalong sounds interesting to me, if I could find one where something I really want to knit is being made.

Sometimes knitalongs are secret, wherein a company sends those who join the group only a small part of a pattern every week. You don't know what you're making until you're done. That version of the knitalong doesn't interest me very much.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  07:03:53 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, robinstephanie! I'll look into it!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
Go to Top of Page

sherrya
Warming Up

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  5:11:23 PM  Show Profile Send sherrya a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I participated in a Mystery Knit last summer. It was fun to get a set of instructions each week and to see what was emerging - it was a wrap! A couple of my friends did the same mystery knit, so each week it set off a series of phone calls.
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  10:48:18 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a lot of fun, sherrya! I love a good mystery!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  1:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm involved in the MadMay12 knitalongs right now. They are actually very free-going, there are quite a number of them, some have no particular patterns but more general ones, like sweaters/ projects for wee ones, shawls and so on.... as long as you use a madelinetosh yarn and knit the project during May.... I have finished two sweaters (one for me and one for my little one) and have started on a third one (which I probably won't finish in time....)

So KALs can be specific or not so specific but they can be good fun!

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth