Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Super Duper Basic Beginner Talk
 Another question re the LK150
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elaine54
New Pal

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  04:54:15 AM  Show Profile Send elaine54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I'm an absolute beginner at Machine knitting, I have bought and set up my machine and worked through the basics. My question is where do I go from here for projects to practice on. I bought my machine to knit for my grandchildren ages 1-12 and I also do hats for homeless and the sands project for angel babies, so I am hoping someone might be able to point me towards easy getting to know my machine patterns.....thanks in advance

lavatera
New Pal

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  10:19:33 AM  Show Profile Send lavatera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi There,

I am still very new at it myself, and that is also something I have been wondering. Right now I am machine knitting blankets, so I do not need a pattern for that. What kind of knitting machine do you have?

lavatera
Go to Top of Page

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  03:02:39 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi: Try www.clearwaterknits.com lots of nice patterns for all gauges of machines. you can also google free machine knitting patterns Hope this helps
Bernie
Go to Top of Page

elaine54
New Pal

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  11:35:49 AM  Show Profile Send elaine54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Lavatera,Thanks for your reply. My machine is an LK150, I have watched a hundred (or so it seems) videos on you-tube, so I'm finally beginning to get the idea. I have also sent for a book, that gives instructions and then a project to use the things you have just learnt. can't remember the name off hand, but it looks promising.
quote:
Originally posted by lavatera

Hi There,

I am still very new at it myself, and that is also something I have been wondering. Right now I am machine knitting blankets, so I do not need a pattern for that. What kind of knitting machine do you have?

lavatera

Go to Top of Page

elaine54
New Pal

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  11:37:10 AM  Show Profile Send elaine54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks bernie, I shall go investigate.
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie

Hi: Try www.clearwaterknits.com lots of nice patterns for all gauges of machines. you can also google free machine knitting patterns Hope this helps
Bernie

Go to Top of Page

lavatera
New Pal

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2012 :  10:23:33 PM  Show Profile Send lavatera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was told by someone who sells the LK150 in Toronto Ontario Canada, on Gower Avenue - the place is called Sew and Knit and Surge, that they have a CD or DVD that goes with the sale of an LK150. I wonder if they would sell you one, or if perhaps you can find one on ebay, for example. Just a thought.

lavatera
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?