Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Clothing for Babies and Children
 Baby Products - Organic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markevans
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  10:37:32 PM  Show Profile Send markevans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Iím Mark.. new to this space. Can someone help me find a site that offers natural/ eco-friendly baby products?

Iíve found a few sites but not all their products are organic or eco-friendly, and itís hard to find a site that has cute stuff.

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  08:45:52 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark--

Welcome to KR. Hope you stick around.

I don't know of any one site that carries purely organic and eco-friendly stuff. Most of the time I hunt and choose from various purveyors. At CNCH I purchased naturally grown, naturally colored, locally-sourced and spun cotton; not organic, but transitional. It's gorgeous, which I wouldn't generally say about cotton. (American Maid cotton by Lunatic Fringe yarns. It's incredibly soft, and yet unmercerized, and the color--I have dark green--is subtle but rich. Really like!)

But the purveyor only has that cotton--nothing else eco-friendly, to my knowledge--and it was an effort of four years to bring it to market. Let's hope it sells well, so she'll be able to continue to sell it. I think that's the problem with many organic and eco-friendly fiber products: they are expensive to create, not cheap to buy, and makers/purveyors struggle to keep them on the market. Thus the only one line of organic this or that. Might be wrong; that's my thinking anyway. If you find anything, please let us know, okay?

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.