Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 My best knitting gift ever
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  07:12:50 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

In 2010 our house was badly damaged and had to be knocked down and re-built, which was good as it was a fairly old house.

My son and husband did most of the plans.

On moving in they put a blindfold on me and led me down the hallway.

They had actually put in and furnished a knitting room for me, its wonderful with shelves, my computer, spinning wheel, knitting machines, windows with lots of natural light and a beautiful old chair, they even kept squares I'd made and had my daughter sew them up to make cushions and a blanket - the whole nine yards.

This was the most thoughtful gift I've ever had and I love my husband and kids to bits for being so incredibly thoughtful.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1170 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  08:59:55 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gasped when I read your post, Rose. Having a "room of one's own", or private personal space can be emotionally important for some people ("some" meaning "me"), and this particular space sounds so lovely and lovingly prepared. They must love you dearly, and must have been so excited to finally be able to share it with you.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
532 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  10:56:32 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW, Rose. This is so wonderful.

You have such a caring and thoughtful family. This is the best gift a family can give to another beloved member.

May you have so many wonderful and relaxing times in your room.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  8:12:47 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know I'm late in replying but --- wonderful. Wow.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page

LeTeisha-Marie
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2014 :  1:20:53 PM  Show Profile Send LeTeisha-Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, what I wouldn't give to have my own knitting space.
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

390 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2014 :  1:54:10 PM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am in awe! How wonderful!
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  07:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just read this ... just made my heart feel so good!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe