Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sweater Talk
 Can you recognize your knitting?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  05:25:32 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went to my sister 50th year Birthday party. I'm sitting there in walks a lady that I didn't know wearing one of my hats. I know she thought I was nuts because I kept looking at her. I ask my daughter did she know her because my daughter will go in my hat box and give a friend a hat. This lady walks up and says thank you for the hat I wear it all the time. I had to think, do I say who are you when she said your sister told me how you knit all the time and gave me this hat. She's now taking a knit class learning how to knit. I woke up the next morning calling my sister up at 6am, when did you take the hat and how did you get it pass me. We laugh and she thought I was nuts because she was watching me watch her friend. Can you pick out your knitting? Donna

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  07:39:28 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't particularly recognize my knitting (though I know who I have given what and will recognize it when I see it on them) but I do recognize my PATTERNS and get a kick when I see one being worn...

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  10:23:58 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MMario, Maybe that's it, the only thing is I didn't give it away. Donna
Go to Top of Page

scarfitup
Chatty Knitter

191 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  05:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit scarfitup's Homepage Send scarfitup a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is really fun to see your work walking around in the crowd! I'm fortunate that this happens quite often. We live in a community where MANY people have consistently supported me for years, buying from me directly or from my gallery where 20 local artists show and sell their work. So I also know that many of my pieces have traveled all over the country and world. All this has been quite unexpected, for which I am extremely grateful.

The other fun thing is when those who've purchased a pattern send me photos of THEIR creations - very gratifying!

Merry Christmas!

Scarf It Up!
http://scarf-it-up.net
Go to Top of Page

jlpanecki
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  07:49:41 AM  Show Profile Send jlpanecki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A large proportion of my knitting is done for dolls. I love seeing someone's doll, usually in an on-line group, wearing my work.
And yes, I can always pick it out, all of my work is one of a kind.
I also knit for friends and family, so when I see them wearing my knitting, it pleases me.
Go to Top of Page

carol@cfmdesigns.net
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  12:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit carol@cfmdesigns.net's Homepage Send carol@cfmdesigns.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get very excited and happy when I see someone wearing the pattern I
"unvented." If possible, I try to talk to that person and share a little knitting joy.

CFM Designs
"It's All About the Pretty"
http://cfmdesigns.net
Go to Top of Page

LoriAngela
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  12:34:16 PM  Show Profile Send LoriAngela a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a great story. Years ago I was at my daughter's 5 year old piano recital when I stopped and gawked at a baby. Not unusual for me, but she was wearing a dress I had made for my little one. Turns out she is a cousin of one of the many people who got hand me downs from my very fast growing kids. The pattern was from my grandmother and the wool was from a trip to Australia. I recognized my knitting!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe