Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Seeking Advice about Yarns
 How-to join flax yarn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  10:05:02 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the best way to join a new ball of Euroflax yarn to my existing linen knitting project? The usual ways for wool yarn don't seem to apply.

Thanks,

Kristina

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  10:18:19 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you tried the Magic Knot? I used Jane Richmond's YouTube video to learn it. There are other videos, too.

flicka

Edit to add: http://janerichmond.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  11:29:09 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Flicka!
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1812 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  11:55:16 AM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Flicka! Kristina, I love Euroflax linen yarn, and this solution to join the yarn is great.

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  4:01:39 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flicka and Anna: This is my project. You might like the pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spring-lace-infinity-scarf-2

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  5:21:25 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do like the pattern, very much. Thanks for showing it to us.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4399 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2014 :  04:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I practically stalk Kristina on FB to see the patterns she finds! She has a gift!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
My Website: Not Plain Jane
My Ravelry Store: Jane Cochran
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2014 :  10:46:05 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jane. I'm just trying to liven up the Online Stickcafe. They all seems to knit the same shawl pattern called Pytt, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pyttipanna-shawl, and it is not a very exciting pattern.
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
554 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  07:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, my goodness, this is lovely, and I do love knitting with linen yarn. I just printed out the pattern! In the past, I think I remember using a Russian join for my Euroflax linen yarn, because it was for basket liners and I figured they would get a lot of laundering. But I am eager to try this knot method, too.

Thank you!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe