Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitting for Babies and Children
 Rosebuddie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
528 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2014 :  07:47:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, my first great-grandchild is due in November, and I've decided to make the Rosebuddie baby shawl (KnitSpot pattern) in Smooshy sock yarn (blue sage color). I'd better get started! Of course, I'm setting myself up to do something similar for each subsequent new addition, I suppose. With eight grandchildren, that could be a significant undertaking.

Ha, the worst part about realizing my age isn't so much that I will have a great-grandchild, but that I have a daughter who is old enough to be a grandmother. Sigh.

My daughter suggested I get busy making a stockpile of these for the future so they will be available in case I die before each new baby is born. I think she was joking ...

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2378 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2014 :  12:09:58 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! I bought the yarn to knit my 5-year old granddaughter's and my 2-year old grandson's future wife's wedding shawls...maybe I'd better get started!

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe