Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Introduction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dossha
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  06:02:22 AM  Show Profile Send dossha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I'm Dossha, the proud mother of 9, grandmother of 24 and the great grandmother of 8. My husband and I came together and formed the black edition of the Brady Brunch plus 3. I love knitting and crocheting, I've been doing it since I was 12, never really improving. But now, I'm learning more and more about the craft and loving it and with all these grands and great grands around, I have more than enough reasons to learn even more.

Dossha Davis

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4168 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  12:22:05 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OH MY GOODNESS what a family! Welcome Dossha!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2074 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  3:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Welcome, Dossha, & thanks for giving us such a beautiful picture of you, your husband, the kids, grands & the g'grands. Woo hoo!

How terrific to be learning more & learning on such high value, speedy gratification items. Looking forward to your future posts.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  8:49:49 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, and welcome to the KR Forums, Dossha! If you have family reunions, they must be well-populated, you lucky lady!

I am from Baltimore, and our kid and grand kids are in France! We have been able to visit them, but it is too far away for this grandma !

You said you had never really improved in your knitting, but from age 12, I bet you improved mightily year by year! And now, it is fun, isn't it, to be in this knitting world where so much knowledge and inspiration is shared! Please let us know what you are knitting, and how it is going!

Sadly, I have been in a"black hole" with my knitting recently, caring for my husband who has Alzheimer's disease. I want to start a pair of socks, but don't get around to it....I think I will, once life calms down a bit, (if it ever will)

Meanwhile, we're glad you signed on the Forums, and hope you will post early and often!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

strandedgirl
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2014 :  6:56:04 PM  Show Profile Send strandedgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dossha! With such a large family you have plenty of motivation to keep working at it. You are so lucky to have so many people to create for.

My name is Michelle, and I'm a yarnaholic.
Go to Top of Page

strandedgirl
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2014 :  7:36:07 PM  Show Profile Send strandedgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and Anna (eldergirl),

Be sure that you do start those socks. Don't forget to take care of you while you are taking care of your husband. It is very easy to get caught up in taking care of someone else, especially when dealing with such a complex disease, that you loose sight of your own physical and emotional needs. Keeping yourself strong and centered will make you a better caregiver for him. Socks will be perfect for keeping your hands busy and your mind at ease.
Best of luck.

My name is Michelle, and I'm a yarnaholic.
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2014 :  10:28:04 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michelle, thanks for your nice note, and you are right. I need to make a start.

Best wishes,,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2014 :  10:50:14 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Dossha, Baby things are a great way to improve one's skills at the same time as actually making something. You can practice a lace pattern you like, or a collar, or shaping, or ... whatever! All on a teeny, tiny canvas, so it's fast! (Love that.)

Welcome to KR!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1842 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2014 :  4:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! Welcome to KR! I love this place because I learn stuff and get to teach stuff. It's a great exchange that way. You'll have a great time here!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2074 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  05:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Anna, I love Michelle's encouraging tho'ts & I second them - try to care for yourself too. I can only imagine how hard that is & I hope that knitting will bring some good exhale-worthy moments for you.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.