Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Career Talk
 I need a name for my knitting web page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1795 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  11:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, folks, I've decided to come clean on my music web site and publicly display/talk about my knitting activities. After all, there IS a relationship: I make music (including improvising) by ear, and it turns out that I knit by ear, too. (??)

I have some knitting pages that you may view on my site, starting with: http://www.thedulcimerlady.com/extras.htm. However, this URL, and other pages attached to it, are not accessible to the general public from anywhere on my site (although you can go into the rest of my site from here; hope you'll have a a look around). I didn't want my music colleagues to think askance of my yarn interests! But now I think my knitting activities happily reflect my approaches to music, so I've decided to let everyone see this part of my life. (Age is an amazing thing.)

My web site will soon appear in an updated form via Wordpress, and my knitting is very much present, (although you can't see it just yet; only the old site is live). BUT, before the new site goes live, I'm wondering what to call this page. Some brainstorming by KR members would be a big help!

I started with "Knitting" for a page title, but that's a little plain and perhaps would make my music colleagues roll their eyes, not the desired effect. Then, because I play stringed folk instruments, I came up with "Wooly Strings." If you like that, let me know. (I thought the title might create enough questions that someone might actually click on it.) BUT, if I were to include pictures of my tatting projects, would "Fiber Strings" be more suitable? Or what have you? I'd like something clever with a a music hint that will catch the eye and create some curiosity.

I need to establish the new page title by the end of August 2014, fwiw. And if my web guy says this is ready to go sooner, I'm gonna jump and will let you know here. But I have a feeling that a page title will finalize in the next few days.

Thanks for your ideas! I look forward to seeing your thoughts evolve here.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  7:11:17 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Musical Strings and Magical Strands

Maybe too long?

Then just Strings & Strands?

Fun to play with words.

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  08:42:54 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Playing Strings?

Playing with Strings?

I think it's a wonderful idea to combine these worlds, Ceil. To me, they don' feel that far apart.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2390 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  12:00:58 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
String of Purls
Strings of Purls
Stringing Purls

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1795 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  9:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keep going, gals, this is getting interesting!

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1795 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2014 :  10:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some more words to massage:
Fiber
Loop, loops, loopy

And some possible titles:
The Strand Theater
Fibers of My Being
Loopy Strings

Anything resonating here? Where else do these take you?

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  4:36:28 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Musical Strings
Judy
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.