Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 Remember Betty!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  03:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many of us here at the KR Forums know Betty, but many might not know who she is.

Betty is our affectionate name for the Knitter's Review Forum server. She's hard-working and reliable, and she makes it possible for us to chat and seek help and visit and share. Truth be told, without Betty, we wouldn't be here.

The thing is, Betty doesn't work for free. She likes fancy shoes, she likes to get her nails done (in some frightful shade of orange, I'm sure), and every once in a while she likes a good bottle of Chardonnay.

Silliness side, we'd like to be able to help Clara keep the KR Forums going, so we remind you, just every so often, to think about making a contribution. The Forums are separate from Knitter's Review, with their own costs and fees. Won't you please make a donation? Any amount helps defray the costs of Betty's not-too-extravagant lifestyle.

There's a link at the top of every page: Want to make Betty happy?. Click on it, make a contribution, and you'll be helping to sustain our community.

Betty will thank you by keeping the door open and the porch light on all day, every day. She can't bake to save her life (her cookies taste like some sort of putty), but she's always here when you need to talk or have a knitting question.

Thank you all, and thank you Clara and Betty!

Jane
(posted without asking Clara first, so I hope she doesn't mind)

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
My Website: Not Plain Jane
My Ravelry Store: Jane Cochran

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2054 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  05:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Sweet Jane, thank you for your kind attention to Betty & Clara. What a good reminder this is & for you all who might wonder who in the sam heck Betty is, now you know ^ .. ^

The Forum is meaningful to me & through it, I found all of you, the Retreat, more knitting mojo than I could have conjured up in my wildest daydreams, good energy to sustain me, a community that, while it is more global than local, feels local to me. That is, you all are available all the time & you seem close as well.

The peeps I have through KR are among the best of this lifetime - think about who you know from the Forum & consider a Betty donation in that person's name. What a gift it all is.

Thanks again, Jane.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vismajor
Warming Up

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  10:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit vismajor's Homepage Send vismajor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the gentle reminder, Jane. I'm happy to donate, but I confess it usually slips my mind in my haste to get into the forums to read & reply.

Amy McC.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  09:02:44 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I echo Amy's and Marfa's thanks, Jane. It's been a while since I've visited Betty, and I'll go say hello.

Like Marfa says, this place has been a gateway for me, into more mojo than I knew was out there, into meeting the nicest people. It feels very homey to me here.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.