Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Favorite Yarns
 Woolen Rabbit Kashmir
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

stitchellen
Warming Up

62 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2014 :  09:19:48 AM  Show Profile Send stitchellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found this worsted weight yarn via the directions for Amy Herzog's "Fellowes Cloche". The yarn is a 80% merino, 10% nylon, 10% cashmeres mix that is hand-dyed by a New Hampshire independent dyer and is available online at www.thewoolenrabbit.com. The yarn is a dream to knit, and the resulting cloche is my favorite hat. I ordered the yarn in Cape Cod Blues, but the order was mistakenly filled with Clara Bow. I liked it so much that I kept it and reordered Cape Cod Blues, which is a cranberry/blue mix. Amy's sample cloche is knit of Clara Bow, and the pattern photo is an excellent example of the very subtle color mix. I love the sublimely soft yet firm, even stitches produced by this yarn, but I am in awe of the dyer's ability to produce such beautiful yarn. She dyes in small batches, and the yarn is pricey but worth every penny. Color choices are limited; all look exquisite. I think the dyer may offer custom dyeing, but all orders are dyed after orders are placed. I was amazed by how fast I received both orders, however - mere few days rather than weeks. This is wonderful yarn for something special.

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
554 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2014 :  12:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, my, I'm glad to hear this good report ... I have thewoolenrabbit bookmarked and have been drooling over some of the yarn there. Your comments will help me make up my mind to order some!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe