Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 Do you use Ravelry stash management?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lynne604
Warming Up

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  06:48:15 AM  Show Profile Send Lynne604 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I list everything on Excel spreadsheets. So far it has worked very well.
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

4004 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2014 :  04:23:18 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yarn not bought for a specific project, that is cast on immediately, goes into Ravelry stash. It really is helpful when I'm in a yarn store to be able to double check on my phone what I already have at home.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page

elliebelly
New Pal

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  07:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit elliebelly's Homepage Send elliebelly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a vote for Ravelry's stash management feature, because I like how it recommends patterns for my yarn if there stash I want to knit with and tells me if I have yarn in my stash when I'm looking at a pattern I want to knit. I also enjoy the visual record.

I was an early beta tester on ravelry and had a manageable size stash. But, having been forewarned by people who got on earlier than I did, I warned the husband to expect me to disappear into the internet for three days when I got Ravelry and with the enthusiasm of a kid with a new toy, I spend every waking hour that I wasn't at work figuring it all out and stashing. It would be a lot easier now with iphones! Back then, you had to take pictures, transfer them to the computer and upload them. Now, you can take pictures on your iphone and upload them immediately using yarma (a ravelry app), which is what I do with new yarn before it goes into stash. About once a year I spend a day comparing what I have listed to what is actually in my yarn closet, as there are always a few I miss along the way. I'm not a compulsive organizational person, but this is one area where it has been really great.

Also, a note about books. You can scan their barcodes and they show up automatically on ravelry. I've got a couple hundred knitting books, having inherited a bit from parents, aunts and friends. I set one of my college age kids to scanning for me last summer, and in under two hours he had the whole library loaded. I don't use that feature a lot but I think it's pretty coool

Joyce
blog: http://joycevance.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2075 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  06:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Joyce, thank you for the lessons & suggestions contained in your post!

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  11:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Joyce, I didn't know about Yarma, thank you!

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by