Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Fine-Gauge Machines
 Innovations Knitting Machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 2

auntjeanie
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:09:32 AM  Show Profile Send auntjeanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 3 round knitting machines, the innovations large one, a small singer, and then an unknown brand that is small. On the unnamed brand, it said to skip every other stitch when first casting on. I found by doing this, that first row did now unravel. I had lot of trouble at first with the innovations machine dropping stitches. I was getting ready to push it off the table in a fit of pique, when something told me to try and crank the handle counter-clockwise. Low and behold, no more dropped stitches. For some reason, the hooks catch the yarn better this way. I hope this helps. Aunt Jeanie
Go to Top of Page

notanotherufo83
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  11:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit notanotherufo83's Homepage  Send notanotherufo83 a Yahoo! Message Send notanotherufo83 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how is your Singer? I just got one (brand new) and it broke after just a few uses. I'm having trouble decided on if I want to exchange it for a new one or look into another brand. I am thinking I should try it out again but I am also thinking I should try something else. I keep hearing about the Innovations and Addi working really well, I see you have the inovations. Is it one you would reccomend?
Go to Top of Page

winksknits
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  09:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit winksknits's Homepage Send winksknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if anyone has a sock pattern that will work on the innovations. I saw a video on youtube of a sock being made on an antique machine and would like to make a christmas stocking on the innovations. I have knited dozens of socks using two circular needles by hand and am going to give it a try and see what happens, but if someone already has a pattern or has tried this, I would love to chat with you.
Go to Top of Page

hastashwad
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  11:28:31 AM  Show Profile Send hastashwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found an Innovations Circular Knittin machine at a hardware store for $7.00. The box was trashed so price reduced. ALSO, the pattern instructions are missing. Went online and watched videos...very helpful. Would like to know how or where to get my hands on the patterns for the machine...have lots of yarn to use up and like the idea of fast knitting. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1288 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  12:35:19 PM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hastashwad

I found an Innovations Circular Knittin machine at a hardware store for $7.00. The box was trashed so price reduced. ALSO, the pattern instructions are missing. Went online and watched videos...very helpful. Would like to know how or where to get my hands on the patterns for the machine...have lots of yarn to use up and like the idea of fast knitting. Thanks.

there is a Yahoo group that has lots of patterns and instructional material for the Innovations:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/innovationsknitting/

The "files" section includes a pdf of the instructions that were packed with it when it was new.

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?