Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Embarrassing habits when admiring yarn
 The things you say after spotting yarn. . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

carolinaknitter
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  07:55:48 AM  Show Profile Send carolinaknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Swiftstar

I always say, I told my car I did not need more yarn but it stopped anyway and made me come in, and now it's making me buy this.

Stop me before I suffocate in yarn!!!

Deb W in WA

Don't you just hate when your car doesn't listen, or when your check writes itself. My personal pet peeve is when the yarn just jumps into your cart, and you keep trying to put it back, and it jumping in.

So much yarn, so little time
Go to Top of Page

kcrystina
New Pal

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  8:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit kcrystina's Homepage Send kcrystina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm usually shopping with my Mom when I go anywhere. She doesn't knit & can't understand my obsession with yarn. Mind you, she's one to talk considering she's addicted to scrapbooking & other crafts lol

There are 3 stores here that I frequent for my yarn collecting... Zellers, Michael's and a local store, Owl's Hollow. Zellers has much better prices & sometimes selection than Michael's I find. Owl's Hollow is a great place to find local stuff. Whenever I enter one of these stores my immediate reaction is to go running to the yarn, but knowing how that would get me kicked out of the stores I try to hold myself back & walk as quickly as I can. lol When surrounded by the yarn I just feel like grabbing all of it, putting it on the floor and lying down in it. I always reach out and touch... I just can't help myself.. I have to touch it. I don't normally make a sound, though in my mind I'm screaming & doing a happy dance. lol I also get this long lost look in my eyes apparently and have been on occasion to drool. hehe I find that whenever I head into one of those stores some yarn just happens to jump into my cart and just wants to come home with me. Who am I to refuse?! lol

Kcrystina
Go to Top of Page

prixby
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  6:22:35 PM  Show Profile Send prixby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Oh, I can't live without that..." is my usual battlecry.

Life is what happens while we're listening to music.
Go to Top of Page

Janadanu
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  09:13:27 AM  Show Profile Send Janadanu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Oh my gosh, it's GORGEOUS!"

And into the cart it goes.

Somehow I've gotten the notion in my head, "If I buy it, they will come", meaning appropriate ideas and patterns for use of such beautiful stuff.

Seeing as I'm new, it's certainly giving me incentive to study the essentials, such as; learning how to decipher those patterns and charts!

Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  05:53:44 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It not what I say it's what my kids say. Miss where are the chairs? I can say I always find them with a how did I get caught here again look on their faces. Donna

Donna
Go to Top of Page

ibuyarn
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  5:45:28 PM  Show Profile Send ibuyarn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just bought some luscious yarn (yes, I bought 3 skeins) and I going to make a scarf. It is sooooooo soft.
Yummie.......I could not help myself.

sheralyn
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  02:52:21 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually just say "Mmmmmmm" to myself, squeeze it, and, yes, bring it up to my face and smell it. Weird, I know, but I just HAVE to know how it smells. It's part of the whole pleasure package - some smells turn me off, so I won't buy the yarn. Some yarn has little or no smell. Some are pure pleasure.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

knitafew
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  10:51:01 AM  Show Profile Send knitafew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OH NO!

chloe
Go to Top of Page

Linkbeth
New Pal

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  09:12:17 AM  Show Profile Send Linkbeth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I start talking to 'total' strangers who likewise are gawking as well..made some neat friends that way..

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  1:49:32 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is an awesome old thread.

My m.o. is heavy petting/squishing while holding it up to my face and talking to it. "Hi, darling/sweetie/baby." Or "You're so pretty." Sniff sniff sniff. "Do you want a new home?"

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  5:52:44 PM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I say, "Well, color me happy!"

Yes, even if it is an undyed naural color. It is not about the color it is about the happiness quotient!

KnittingKittens
Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  10:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My first attraction is to the color. "WOW,Hmm, I say, don't have anything that color in my closet." "Do I need it in my closet?" "Heck yes" 'It's just the thing for those grey cords!" "I shouldn't" "What about working down the stash?" "Next year" That's pretty much how the conversation goes.
Go to Top of Page

Dampal2000
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  08:32:41 AM  Show Profile Send Dampal2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been known to - and observed - kissing really luscious skeins of yarn. I had to apologize once to a store owner who was ... um ... taken aback by my ardor.

I think the yarn was Camelspun.

And yes, I did buy it.
Go to Top of Page

Dampal2000
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile Send Dampal2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been known to - and observed - kissing really luscious skeins of yarn. I had to apologize once to a store owner who was ... um ... taken aback by my ardor.

And yes, I did buy it.
Go to Top of Page

Dampal2000
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  08:45:08 AM  Show Profile Send Dampal2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And yes, I did buy it.
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2012 :  6:52:02 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotta have it. Just m*u*s*t add it.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?